Saturday, August 1, 2009

pre placement post

COLLIE!
I am feeling very nervous, and excited, about heading to Collie tomorrow. I just arrived home from Melbourne and am now packing a truck load of things to take down for 5 weeks; I didn’t leave myself much organising time! I am bound to forget something!
I think I am mainly nervous about being away for so long and feeling like there will be less people to ask for help. I am also worried about our accommodation. Jess and I might be a bit lonely if we’re the only people there.
Heading down to Collie I am expecting to see a much more diverse range of things than I did at Bentley. My supervisor deals with everything, from paeds, WH, musculo and lymphodaema, so I need to be much more prepared and ready for anything. I am also expecting the hospital to be much quieter than my previous placement. I think the structure will be much the same, with the physio's seeing out patient referrals, but I also know that the physio takes care of patients on the ward as well. I think my role as a student may expand. There's only one physio working in the hospital so her role and jobs may include things not necessarily under the umbrella of physio. I'm not too sure if there is a large allied health team, I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Mostly though, I can’t wait! I am so excited to see a bit more of the South West and be challenged with things that I might not get to deal with in Perth.
(Note: I did leave something in Perth, probably the most important thing, my wallet!!)

No comments: