Friday, November 14, 2008

week 5 reflection 3

My last day!! Was feeling so excited but worried about the shoulder patient. My supervisor and I did come up with a good plan....not to mention the word posture and try was she was referred for and thought would be her cure, ultrasound. When I saw her she was very glad that i had come around to trying ultrasound! She also obviously does not do any of her prescribed exercises as she came in with the exact same posture, such rounded shoulders, protracted scapula's and a resultant, ginormous thoracic kyphosis!! Anyway, my not mentioning posture and trying ultrasound actually did get her on-side, she didn't yell or roll her eyes once. After that she was more receptive to my ideas and I pointed out the three most important exercises for her to do! I highly highly doubt that she will do them but at least she left in a better place than she has before. (Although she did say she had more pain after the US....... she also found pain relieving positions etc painful so im not sure) I just feel terrible for the girl I handed her over to... The rest of our day was fantastic as well!! The staff threw us a good bye lunch (we have definitely chosen the correct profession...food is big on their list!) We had a mexican themed arvo and taco, buritos and nachos for lunch! It was great and I have to say I was a little sad to go!

No comments: