Monday, November 3, 2008

week 4 reflection 1

week four has started in super busy way... I had my first day of 5 patients and it was insanely scary, but great to know that I could do it. I think it really helped that I had prepared well prior to seeing the patients. I had made a plan for my objective assessment and then changed it accordingly depending on what I saw during any quick tests. For example, one lady I saw had hip pain...but watching her gait i noticed she had absolutely no DF and so then quickly included ankle assessment into my plan. I think that my time management has also significantly improved...i saw 2 patients in an hour...that big for me and my usual 1 hour plus!! I think that now I really need to work on giving good explanations on tests im doing or why im performing certain treatments and how I expect it to help them. Hope you all win money tomorrow!!

No comments: