Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pre Placement jitters!

I am a mix of nervous and excited about our first day on prac! Just scared I'll be thrown in the deep end and not too sure what to do... I'm quite certain I haven't retained much 1st year info...my brain had to make room for all the new stuff we learnt this year!!
Arnika and I are working in the out patients department (musculoskeletal) at Bentley Hospital, so i expect the physio's will be working with discharged patients and liasing with a number of other health professionals, including podiatrists, speech thearapists, dieticians etc. Bentley has quite a large catchment area which I understand to be mainly an elderly popultion, so I am expecting to see a number of joint replacements, #NOF and general deconditioning...so i think we will be putting all our gero knowledge to good use!!

No comments: